Volunteers can either help out at the English Touring Opera office in London or at any of our tour venues around the country. There are many ways in which you can help – general administrative tasks, setting up pre-show talks, organising coach trips to our shows and staffing Friends desks at the theatres are just a few. To discuss volunteering opportunities, please call us on 020 7833 2555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
There are many ways to support ETO; joining a Network (ETO’s local area ambassador groups) is a fantastic way of helping us ensure, that opera continues to be a vital part of the artistic fabric in your local community. However, being on the road for about 20 weeks of the year means we need a bit of help from audiences who are happy to make a song and dance about us.
ETO Networks is a growing group of supporters, whose encouragement and invaluable help include: introducing new audience members, distributing posters, suggesting schools for our education work and helping us stuff envelopes in the office (accompanied by a cup of tea and a chat, of course). Some have even set up opera societies in their areas.
In return, ETO offers a unique opportunity to get to know our company. Last season, our Networkers in Exeter joined us for a special evening at the Cathedral followed by a post-show reception in the Chapter House.
We currently have Networkers in 15 different venues around the UK including Malvern, Cheltenham, Cambridge, Exeter, Truro, Wolverhampton and London.
If you would like to become a Networker, please do not hesitate to contact us on: 020 7833 2555 or email@example.com
“From the very beginning of my involvement with ETO I have been met with nothing but kindness and gratitude by all the members of the ‘creative team’.” Sarah Roberts, London Networker
There are numerous ways of contributing as a Networker. You can help us by:
- Spreading the word! Help us create a buzz.
- Bringing people to see our performances. If you know someone who likes opera, why not introduce them to ETO? You could even organise a group from you work or your university. Many of our regular venues offer discounted rates for groups and students.
- Sending our print to friends, family and business contacts, who you think might enjoy our work.
- Distributing flyers, posters, mailing list cards, season brochures to local places like post offices, libraries, community halls etc.
- Giving us feedback and advice about everything from our local presence and press coverage, to schools or arts organisations who might benefit from working with us.
“I would like to say a big ‘thanks’ to James for his talks [to our group]. He knows all the operas intimately and is full of enthusiasm. He gives us some real insights into operas before we see them.”
Robert Padgett, founding member of the Cheltenham Network